Browse: Record Series Subjects Agencies Record Groups

Herrick House Children's Center - RG 268 | Illinois State Archives

Name: Herrick House Children's Center - RG 268


Historical Note:

Herrick House, originally chartered in 1921 as the Sunset Camp Service League, operated in Bartlett as a philanthropic vacation center for children. Renamed for Dr. James B. Herrick in 1950, Herrick House remained under private control until purchased by the Cook County Board of Commissioners in 1964. It was transferred by statute in 1969 to the jurisdiction of the Department of Children and Family Services to be maintained as a temporary care center for the purpose of receiving neglected or dependent children until completion of plans for their long-term or permanent placement in other child care facilities (P.A. 76-333, pp. 661-663).

Access to some of these records is restricted according to the provisions of P.A. 79-453 and the State Records Act of 1957 as amended.






Page Generated in: 0.223 seconds (using 104 queries).
Using 5885624B of memory. (Peak of 5940120B.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.12
Copyright ©2010 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign