Browse: Record Series Subjects Agencies Record Groups

Galesburg Mental Health Center - RG 267 | Illinois State Archives

Name: Galesburg Mental Health Center - RG 267
Variant Name: Galesburg State Research Hospital


Historical Note:

The Department of Public Welfare opened Galesburg State Research Hospital in 1949. The hospital was to provide care and treatment for the mentally ill and to serve as a center for the study of mental illness, particularly in the area of the aged.

The Department of Public Welfare was abolished in 1961 and Galesburg State Research Hospital came under the control of the newly created Department of Mental Health (L. 1961, p. 2666). In 1964 the hospital began to participate in a departmental affiliation program in psychiatric nursing, which provided instruction to students from other general hospital nursing schools. In 1975 the institution was renamed Galesburg Mental Health Center (P.A. 79-581, p. 1895).






Page Generated in: 0.204 seconds (using 104 queries).
Using 5792456B of memory. (Peak of 5864844B.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.12
Copyright ©2010 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign