Browse: Record Series Subjects Agencies Record Groups

Mining Law Investigating Commission - RG 551 | Illinois State Archives

Name: Mining Law Investigating Commission - RG 551
Variant Name: Mining Investigation Commission


Historical Note: The Mining Investigation Commission, composed of nine members appointed by the Governor, was created in 1909 to investigate mining methods and conditions particularly as they affected human lives, property, and coal deposits (L. 1909, p. 55). The commission was required to conduct hearings and propose revisions in state mining laws. In 1955 the General Assembly reduced the commission to five members, changed its name to the Mining Law Investigating Commission, and provided for its abolition in 1957 (L. 1955, p. 979).





Page Generated in: 0.208 seconds (using 104 queries).
Using 5810540B of memory. (Peak of 5866356B.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.12
Copyright ©2010 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign