Browse: Record Series Subjects Agencies Record Groups

Supreme Court Building Commission - RG 514 | Illinois State Archives

Name: Supreme Court Building Commission - RG 514


Historical Note:

A commission to supervise the construction of the Supreme Court Building was created in 1905 (L. 1905, p. 76). It consisted of the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Auditor of Public Accounts, State Treasurer, Attorney General, and three Supreme Court justices designated by the court. The building was designed to house the Supreme Court, the offices of the Attorney General, the state law library, and the Appellate Court for the Third District.

An initial appropriation of $350,000 was made under the 1905 act. Additional funds, totaling $300,000, were granted in 1907 and 1908 for the completion of the building, for construction of a tunnel connecting it with the heating plant, and for the purchase and installation of furniture and fixtures (L. 1907, p. 24; L. 1907, Adj. Sess., p. 8).






Page Generated in: 0.164 seconds (using 104 queries).
Using 5800164B of memory. (Peak of 5856152B.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.12
Copyright ©2010 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign