Browse: Record Series Subjects Agencies Record Groups

Board of Commissioners to Erect a State Arsenal - RG 513 | Illinois State Archives

Name: Board of Commissioners to Erect a State Arsenal - RG 513


Historical Note: A board of commissioners to oversee the construction of a state arsenal, armory, and museum building was created in 1901 (L. 1901, p. 13). Consisting of the Governor, Secretary of State, and Auditor of Public Accounts, it was granted an appropriation of $150,000 to complete its work. The board also was empowered to sell the old State Arsenal which had been built in 1855. The new building, finished by 1903, housed the Illinois State Museum of Natural History and the offices of the Adjutant General. It was destroyed by fire on February 18, 1934.





Page Generated in: 0.182 seconds (using 104 queries).
Using 5800396B of memory. (Peak of 5856368B.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.12
Copyright ©2010 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign